The wellbeing of patients is increasingly connected to the wellbeing of the planet. Climate changes are already causing serious consequences on public health. We are firmly convinced that the growth of ethical consciousness will drive the scientific community and the entire academic world to strong commitments and actions. This will be key to understand environmental and social factors, the so-called “health determinants” underlying diseases, and contribute to fight them.
We all play an important part in this scenario and we should all work to increase commitment to environmental policies, driving governments and institutions to act responsibly, in order to achieve – and maintain – sustainable activities.
As a publisher we do our part and are committed to implement further policies and actions going forward.
- We respect the environment, using paperless processes and publishing online-only contents through online-only platforms
- We comply with environmental protection laws
- We travel responsibly, using the most carbon savy travel transportation
- We adopt other voluntary commitments
- We promote the involvement of all our employees, individually and on a group basis, in environmental protection matters
All articles published in our journals support reforestation programs by Up2You! in different areas of the world, aimed to reduce the carbon footprint on the planet.